Re: An analogy for Esrolia?

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_OASFCxFUyV3QxGXP-bA_2yqNE5bgWtE3ZvfnxMEfURoI-Bhq0E6o2zAIC5rNZx6UeQo>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 20:47:03 -0000

Bryan:

> For most of their history they've accepted the reign of outsiders
> (The Only Old One, Belintar), they've at times had colonies of
> other cultures, but none of that has really impacted their culture
> in a major way. Their focus is the Earth Pantheon, agriculture,
> crafts, and the struggles between families for dominance. So
> long as outsiders don't disturb that, they tend not to care what
> the outsiders do so much.

Most of the outsiders have married various earth goddesses and embraced the earth pantheon. OK, Belintar didn't but he proved himself a member of the earth by revealing the statue of himself deep within a temple. Outsiders become seduced by the earth pantheon and its myriad of goddesses and powers.

> Visually, it has been described in official publications that the
> classic Earth tribe structure is stone and square. I imagine that
> in the fairly warm climate of Esrolia that this would include a
> flat roof. (I don't know if brick replaces stone in places?) In
> this regard I think the buildings would look a lot like most
> ancient mediteranean ones. Courtyard gardens and window baskets
> would be common, and in general things would be verdant and lush,
> in a managed, tame, way.

I use either stamped earth or sun-dried mud bricks for my earth architecture. I would have thought that sun-dried bricks would suit Esrolia, especially for the poorer houses.

See Ya

Simon