Re: Secrets of the Than

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at__yJPKnSwdZFEWVJaPXRUrFGFtUdkxuncpb92ZJw62Pr8d7U-iZLEomA0WB0_R3wl5uZ>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 21:30:44 -0000

Peter Larsen:

> Really? If there isn't a major spiritual component to it, then why
> do Ogres eat people so much? I mean, if a big part of your culture
> is trying to be secret, then eating other people is a kind of bad
> way to go about it, assuming any other food is at hand. Unless, of
> course, you want to present the urge to feed as more of a weakness
> than a strength -- that Ogres are more or less addicted to the
> taste of human flesh, indulging when its against their best
> interests.

Because Ogres are the True Men, superior to other men. They hunt man as man is the best hunter, so by hunting and eating men they prove themselves superior.

Because that's what they did to survive the Great Darkness and that's what they do to survive now.

Because men taste better than even pork or mock-pork.

See Ya

Simon