Re: chaos mages/sorcerers

From: Jeff <richaje_at_aOcEMMpAYaYQk5SrdfBUorhyiI9Bi-QmxDEdItLC8S3Q8dLH1bp2hkXS0QSO362mdHuL>
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2011 08:01:15 -0000

> Gark is chaotic. The God Learners were strongly antichaotic.

At least they believed that they were. That being said, there were individual God Learners who did things like use the magic of Thanatar to consume the knowledge of their rivals or bind their minds into service. Others tried to summon Chaos Gods to destroy their barbarian enemies. Still others wielded Chaotic powers like Living Death in order to confound their enemies or preserve their existence. I'm sure we can come up with plenty of other examples.

> The God Learners didn't create Zistor because they wanted
> a constant supply of +3 magic swords, Zistor came about because they
> identified a hole in their cosmology and tried to fill it with the
> purification rune.

Very true.

Jeff