Re: What's Iluminated?

From: Rob Thornton <oblate777_at_xOz79z3ZU4U-kFaoQpC3qgHZRIPQAZQIRaQYVKPliO8FGbRHHl3rCps0_ZRaNMOjMq>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 12:57:34 -0500

Wow. The concept of "Illumination" is a big topic for Glorantha fans so you may hear lots of opinions. If you are familiar with Buddhism, its a lot like the concept of enlightenment. An Illuminated person has a deep mystic connection with Glorantha. They see the Oneness of the world and have certain powers because of this. What happens is that people can become Illuminated against their will.

I would say its like meeting with the boss to talk about a potential promotion. The boss doesn't directly say "never in this lifetime" but by the words he uses and the way he talks, you get the sudden feeling that you need to find a new job where you have better mobility. The Illuminated person does and says certain things that shares his mystic vision of the world's Oneness with the PCs, whether they like it or not.

Rob