Re: What's Iluminated?

From: David Scott <sciencefish_at_K22wMPQKNnRtuzO_odzFaXfCk40BYmNp5tPsWFB7YtM1wVPJVywZN6-N8QMKIW-V>
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2011 23:21:36 +0000

Have a look at

the very useful Glorantha Wiki:
http://glorantha.wikia.com/wiki/Illumination

and a Greg Sez:
http://www.glorantha.com/greg/q-and-a/humakti.html

and have play with
http://www.glorantha.com/tools/buserian/buserian.php

These links are easier than finding a copy of the fantastic Cults of Terror (1981), Dorastor: Land of Doom (1993), or Moon Design's cult compendium (2002). There's also Under the Red Moon (2006), but personally i'd suggest you ignore the chapter on Illumination as it's very rules heavy and HQ1 orientated, although some might find some of the introductory text useful.

The best way to treat illuminates is as it states in Cults of Terror "We recommend that Player Characters who join these religions quickly be put to sacrifice by Non-Player-Character priests, to get them out of play."

On 3 Dec 2011, at 17:15, michaelL wrote:

> Reading Sartar Rising and come across an adventure called A Year of Chaos. One encounter involves a reformed Sage from the Lunar empire. He seems to have some sort of magical ability called "Illuminated" which he can "infect" others with this power.
>
> What is this? The book doesn't explain it.
>
> Michael

David

David Scott. Mac & PC Computer Support.
30 Alfred Road, Acton, W3 6LH.