Re: The origin of Ogres.

From: David Cake <dave_at_czs4xOdmSbk58r3zX3bbiUqbukDdBOdRpITRQtUNwM77MKtkHJ9YxKcTMpNggvghOYhDx8C>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 17:43:46 +0800

On 05/12/2011, at 5:31 PM, Jeff wrote:

>> 	I'm sure if you asked a Lunar who was familiar with Pelorian myth (say, a Seven Mothers missionary) they would say the Red Goddess passed the test because clearly, she was supposed to, and her victory can not have been *impossible* because it happened.

> A Seven Mothers priestess would likely tell you that the Compromise itself was flawed, as it prevented the world from being healed. The Red Goddess overcame the Great Compromise so that the world might be healed through her efforts.
>
> However, I do not think that any educated Lunar believes that the Red Goddess is limited by the Great Compromise.

	I think educated Lunars, if they think about it at all, think that the Red Goddess transcends the Great Compromise. Perhaps in the way that Lunar Illumination allows one to transcend everything, perhaps because she is able to be both mortal and deity simultaneously (though the truly educated probably consider the latter property a particular example of the former). She is not limited by it in the same way as other deities are, true. But she passed the test, then showed it did not have to limit her in the way it limited other deities, because she was more than that.
	They don't think she *breaks* the Great Compromise, and thus the Universe, in the same sense the Orlanthi would. Rather, she improves the world by transcending it.
	Cheers
		David