Re: Quick Summary of Gloranthan Cultures Part Two: Westerners

From: Jeff <richaje_at_bgbqoV2D6fVl_A-uP9oByGfjcy6uzFbshv_w1mLjQubislb_XDi-hoXGB9cSgb-H03aZ>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 18:53:31 -0000

> And just to make it more confusing, the god Humakt as described in these stories later got a name change - and became Orlanth.

Now the purpose of these snippets is not to have folk think that in the Gods Age the Brithini were polytheists, who worshiped Humakt and other gods. Nor is it to suggest that in Seshnela the god Humakt kept his Air powers (if he did, he is Orlanth, not Humakt). But rather to show that Glorantha did not emerge like Athena fully-formed out of Greg's head. These oldest stories are first drafts of drafts of drafts that later became what we recognize as Glorantha.

Jeff