Re: Red Goddess and Compromise

From: David Cake <dave_at_PIR3ibC7ySEojwv3hHSim9J8VlxNSkrrKBDuYzOQYkJR3mfi6uRAGxZYmLNhD_tyxhLuuVJ>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 15:56:27 +0800

On 10/12/2011, at 5:57 AM, Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> On 12/10/2011 12:32 AM, David Cake wrote:

>> 	I don't disagree with Peters conclusion (that the Red Goddess is not considered to be part of the Compromise). I just disagree with the argument that the Orlanthi know that because they checked the guest list at the Ritual of the Net and she wasn't on it.

> That is not my argument or even what was being debated. Joerg raised
> the question of her presence at the ritual of the net and I said she
> wasn't.

        As I said, I agree with the conclusion, not sure I agree with the argument.

> What I also explained was the limitations of the use of
> mythical knowledge (ie observation of the myth as witnessed on the Hero
> Plane) to resolve cosmological questions.

	And I think we probably still disagree - I think direct Hero Plane observation can yield useful information about cosmological questions. In particular, I think someone who has knowledge of foreign deities may be able to gain knowledge through heroquesting Orlanthi myth that is unknown to the Orlanthi.
	Cheers
		David