Re: Are Pavis and Belintar one and the same?

From: frederic.ferro_at_Kg-RV9Ya_2h5ZZFA12uTLQ-Svz8wTW-9gOyFHeHa6YfgDTiDPollqtztcRAiK
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 14:13:09 +0100

Selon chris jensen romer <chrisjensenromer_at_1UQOR5G1W1xK9kHy_ZYltRYP-6BqosWVjs2_z_aM5v0D9lsuBStbbjOlWDEGSfMc9DxxJS7PPJZteGo5R8l1nO92b3Ib.yahoo.invalid>:
> Of all the strange things my players have ever come up with, the question
> from one today while just chatting Glorantha "Could Belintar be Lord Pavis
> returned?" is the strangest I have ever heard. Obviously, clearly, insanely
> obviously the answer is NO -- I think! Actually though, I think I know what
> made him think this - hexagonal pillars, which are as I recall describes as a
> feature of the original Pavis Temple in the MRQ 2 book on Pavis, and feature
> in the bridge to the City of Wonders in Esrolia!

This heresy would have some advantages from a MGF perspective.

1 The hero Pavis disappeared and we don't "do" much with him. His myth is very local and seems to be a kind of "failure", since the City never created a real harmony of the Elder Races. The Holy Country was also a limited experiment to create more balance between Trolls and other races (even if Belintar had to kill Ezkankekko the OOO).

2 The official theory about the Pharaoh (if Belintar is the "Harshax" or a Heroquester from the post-mythical Future) doesn't add much to our games.

3 It ties the Holy Country with some forgotten plans of the old EWF. We have already a few EWF left-overs (Argrath's banner and dragonteeth, Delecti, Forang Farosh) but this would change the whole perspective about the Dragon Pass if Sartar is a Larnsti agent of Belintar-Pavis.

But unfortunately, there are many problems which makes it difficult to use.

We would have to explain why the Holy Country never tried to come back to the River of Cradles. They sent Dormal to the other direction. Did Belintar learn something about the Giants? Does he fear Gonn Orta's revenge? It would seem really weird to claim Dorasar and his Sartarites were agents from Kethaela.

ff