Re: English rules for 'Dieux Nomades'?

From: Alison Place <alison_place_at_-LDEqiBJBmkhJB9EiQSx3ntu2u_evqfT9PsQkC8_v7gNYUvCzR0zL-JYU536Dza>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 11:23:59 -0800 (PST)

Hello, again,

I have now given a brand new copy of 'Dieux Nomades' to my dearly beloved.  We are both excited about playing it, but we may need a bit of help.  I have an English translation of the rules, but my translation is missing Chapter 9 (Spirit Allies) (English p20, which corresponds to pp26/27 (French)).  Both of us can sort-of function in French, and we do have 'Dragon Pass', so we can probably puzzle through them.  However, we also both know that a single preposition, translated the wrong way, can completely alter the intended sense of the rule.  Is there anyone who could email me either the original English version of Chapter 9, from 'Nomad Gods', or the missing p.20 from the translation?

Another question.  This is theoretically a 2-player game, but there's so much stuff in it that we suspect that a multi-player game could be set up, playing the different factions.  Has anyone tried this, and how did it go?  I'm willing to bet that a multi-player simulation of the defence of Prax is far closer to the actual balls-ups that would really occur.  Miscommunications between allies are so much fun!

For that matter, has anyone tried multi-player simulations of the 'Dragon Pass' game?

Thanks for the discussion on the games that started after my original appeal for help in finding the English rules.  I saved all those emails, and I'm certainly planning on looking at the game with those suggestions in mind.

Alison