Re: Sartar Magical Union

From: Keith <keith.nellist_at_F5NXiKQyflVjKGBGpUZ0GZXMxVV26KaIpHF-riUTJ8TuYRf-u9rPxnbUYZY0J2>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 21:59:59 -0000

This is from the Dragon Pass rules.

They first appear in the scenario "Counterstroke", which is after the liberation of Sartar and after Harrek and Jar-Eel are exhaused with grievous wounds. It is a duel of magicians between the Red Emperor and the Lunar College of Magic and Prince Argrath, Dragontooth runners, some Barbarian Horde and the Sartar Magical Union. The Magical Union prove stonger than expected.

"..an extraordinary innovation of Argraths'. While the Lunar schools were trained together and had comparable magical power, the mounted battalions that Argrath organised were a dizzying array of bush priests, good witches, twisted warlocks, wandering monks, crazed holy men, a mystic or two, and various masters of talismanic devices. Yet Argrath melded them togetheer by creating new magical societies; it is a compliment to his skills that he put together such diverse and often hostile individuals to make compact and effective fighting units. This high understanding of magical principles should have been far beyond Argrath's skill and experience.

The more powerful of the magicians were relatives of the Storm God, who had headed the local pantheon since Sartar first csme."

Personally, I used to think it was a D&D related pun, with MU ("Em You") being what our game group called D&D Magic Users.