Re: Daxdarius

From: robin <robin_mitra_at_gM4PmOoBlTlPX6iILt9MkS4qS30DqK_OM-I17kWNkV5V2lJspVo4UqWXjRFUK1bZ>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 20:25:58 -0000

I agree. According to http://www.glorantha.com/new/imperial_military.html he also created light infantry. But only because he didnt consider some of his men brave enough for close combat. In the Entekosiad it is also mentioned that he fought on foot against a chariot. So I would say his followers might come from all ground units, but Daxdarius himself probably favoured heavy infantry and shieldwall formations. Makes sense?

> The neighboring durnvoking barbarians, degenerates as they are, worship (ILH1 I believe) many beast spirits including "Daxdarax the old wolf" : perhaps they propitiate their old victor, admire his power ?
> I don't remember Daxdarius being identified with a bear anywhere.

ILH1 p.35 Doblian: "Warrior (Male) Daxdarius the War Bear, Affinities: Bear, Combat, Hoplite" Sounds very similar to me. However, I cant tell whether these two would be subcults or just two aspects of the same entity or maybe compelete different (even rival) deities.