Re: Daxdarius in Doblian?

From: Richard Hayes <richard_hayes29_at_hzc63bIUdaNTo-0lWYA8RpJkFFOgvPbG88uYI6ux1EzDMwLco3kPVNPQJso9>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 20:47:41 +0000 (GMT)

Would the Dog-eaters from Doblian (light infantry armed with a long-handled sickle (what is it called?) and a crescent  moon shield, as illustrated in one of the books in the Hero Wars boxed set as an example of Lunar troops) worship Daxdarius? What more is known about them?
Presumably the War-bear cult features a similar Bear rune to Odayla, and to the Moon-Bear (or earlier Star-Bear) cult from, iirc, Sylila?
Richard Hayes

From: robin <robin_mitra_at_olP_Xi-jVaq5EZaTEKZVLix0CuYOGmyWH7hbjFA9YkjlSrhdlfBLn7V7Y_8iuFVhodSdd-8z8yHmhQPU.yahoo.invalid> To: WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com Sent: Thursday, 5 January 2012, 20:25
Subject: Re: Daxdarius

ILH1 p.35 Doblian: "Warrior (Male) Daxdarius the War Bear, Affinities: Bear, Combat, Hoplite" Sounds very similar to me. However, I cant tell whether these two would be subcults or just two aspects of the same entity or maybe compelete different (even rival) deities.

[deleted]

Yahoo! Groups Links

[deleted]