Re: Skin & Hair Colour

From: Jeff <richaje_at_n0bj4yjXd6kdC2DgcqDWPN-vdO8-RyBilbxoeK_6Ftu_flssBmA1Mk7lYzc1wgiVqsoR>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 13:47:14 -0000

> So... Do Orlanthis look like Northern Europeans, or can I devise any skin and hair colour for them? I am more particularly interested (as always) by Umathings.

No, the Orlanthi do not look like Northern Europeans. Just go to your copy of Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes, and turn to page 22. Assuming you have temporarily misplaced your copy, here's the pertinent text:

"The Orlanthi are a hardy people with black, brown, or reddish hair, and olive skin. Their eyes are green, brown, grey or orange. Men and women grow their hair long; men often grow beards and mustaches. Women's hair is usually uncovered and can be worn loose, braided or tied up in a bun. Women and, to a lesser extent, men, use kohl and other pigments to outline their eyes and lips. Both genders are tattooed with markings of clan, cult initiation and other symbols of magical importance."

Jeff