Re: Skin & Hair Colour

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_My_ebqOWXlDFqjSdVnyN7uLLX_ZcglqrXsVzD7SCNkT989vyNla19_xH1B1fDHIZo0K>
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2012 17:11:33 -0000

Not to open this can of worms any wider than I have to, but in the spirit of Glorantha Will Vary I'll just say this.

Fantasy is all well and good, but going deliberately against real world stuff tends to rub me the wrong way. Solar cultures, with strong connotations to Greece and Babylonia having people who look like sun starved Scandinavians is just wrong and counter intuitive. I use mediterrainean looks for solar cultures, and paler viking / germanic / northern celtic visuals for the storm people... especially those living in colder conditions.

Elementally I'd say the earth people are brown and storm people are pale. Pure blood Dara Happans will have a rich skintone and golden eyes, and possibly reddish hair. Dark skin and golden hair sounds good as well.

  ***

But honestly, that's not terribly important, and can easily be adjusted by people's personal sensibilities. I've quite liked the visuals in the new Glorantha books, which tend to leave such thing to the imagination of the GM.

  -Adept