Re: Are Runes Foundational?

From: Benedict Adamson <yahoo_at_OLUSoDsc-y0tM5Qx-4BKS08dnhWbOPbqW44Wl6gtq_o6KV6IBKaLYw8IPbOJJqCTLcPFLU>
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2012 13:49:03 +0000

On 06/01/12 01:34, Nick the Nevermet wrote:
> While I'm sure that subject will make me an easy target for accusations of GL-ism, I'm confused and need some guidance.

Greg stresses trying to describe Glorantha from a Gloranthan perspective. So, if you were a Gloranthan, how would you determine whether "runes are foundational", and what those runes are? The God Learners had something called RuneQuest sight, which might have indicated what the runes were. But nobody in Third Age Glorantha has RuneQuest sight. And even if they did, how would you know what such a person *perceived* as the foundational runes were *indeed* the foundational runes. And we know for a fact that the God Learners were *wrong* about some of their analysis.

I believe a better approach is to describe the magical effects that various Gloranthans can perform, and describe what those Gloranthans give as the explanation for that magic.