Re: Daxdarius player character

From: donald_at_YJv65Kp7BfW4vZ6X98vhK8ehkf6WQKa-6lXcQOT0a8X8EC8OGda5FyF4lIkBY6YCRa2Pl
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 13:36:20 -0000

robin:

> > The second question is who did she anger? ANd over what? Was she
> > caught ordering her troops to plunder the bagagge train of Tatius the
> > Bright?
>
> I didn't think about that yet. My character probably wouldn't tell the other
> PCs anyway. Hence I am not sure if it will make much of a difference.
> Also the campaign will mostly be taking place in Prax far away from her
> home. But of course having a good reason for her exile might provide the
> GM with some nice story obstacles. Any suggestions are welcome.
> My character has a high sense of duty, has good skills in warfare, was loved
> by her men and was always trying to be a model soldier (isn't she perfect :-) ?).
> So disobedience or incompetence are out of the question. Maybe she or
> somebody in her family did not ally with a mischievous and influential noble.

Disobedience of an order from an incompetent superior usually works well. If she's only a tetrach after 20+ years she'll have worked up from the ranks rather than starting as an officer. She had the choice between leader her troops to disaster or disobeying a direct order. What's more she was later proved right.

--
Donald Oddy