The Ball, the Stick and the Last Spell

From: Daniel <von_das_at_sFR6VQZeCx3vSJgbvlRoNJGSynO-lP7tYHnIy2nt0MCH1e8FI8nREovSWBjXOvLv1jGt>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 11:34:42 -0000

Hello!

I'm hoping to run a (Third Age) Loskalm-based HeroQuest campaign at some point in the near future. While researching I also looked into the Mongoose Second Age Fronela book, and ran into this fragment about the relics of Hrestol in Sog City:

"Three relics are of prime importance: the Ball, the Stick and the Last Spell. The Ball and the Stick are the components of Hrestol's mace, which he symbolically broke to show the division between his own path and that of orthodox Malkionism. The Last Spell is the &#64257;nal sorcerous enchantment Hrestol created before his martyrdom; no one knows what power lies in this magic, but the spell burns bright and hard, contained in a crystal &#64258;ask set between the Ball and the Stick."

I couldn't find anything else about them, though. I understand if this is one of those things left for the people who run the games to decide for themselves, but I'd still appreciate any insights that the good people of this group might have.

In particular, I'm curious as to the symbolism of the broken mace (which part is his path and which part is "orthodox Malkionism"? Or did I misread this?), and as to what the spell might possibly do. Some earth-shattering Hero Wars thing, I'd expect.

(And would they still be there as of 1621? I don't recall them being mentioned in any Third Age books, though I could be wrong. Maybe Harrek carried them off with him?)