Re: Tusk riders

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_mVseDmes-P4rAakOLL0rJj3a-7wqmi-xigwlguL32-8REfHO9gzShinHmPb-ZScqll1>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 18:33:52 +1300

On 2/14/2012 8:01 AM, Keith wrote:
> I had always assumed that the monstrous aspect of Tusk Riders (where they get tusks) happened sometime between the end of the EWF and the Dragonkill. This monstrous inhumanity was what allowed them to survive in Dragon Pass during the Inhuman Occupation.

My thinking is based on the Argan Argar Nightcult (Sartar Campanion p248), who can use their darkness rune to appear as a human or a troll. I think the Aramite warriors have always used the worship of the "unnamed darkness demon" to turn themselves into monstrous half-trolls in order to further terrify their enemies. When the Dragonkill came, the Aramites (of Dragon Pass at least) lost their humanity in order to survive.

--Peter Metcalfe