Re: Sprucing up the Western Calendar

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_v9p2fmIsmpUPNcjKjBXYDFOzbiEnSso7o5i0JUhUAqvmtWk1yNp9Vs5XXxxHN7OI>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 06:41:19 -0800 (PST)

i thought that western "time" started way back before the darkness, as Zzabur counted the instances in which he turned his big hourglass (which obviously didn't count hours per se). If that was pre-time "time" in the west, then it woudl look nothing like the cyclical calendar of the Theyelans.

But I don't know what it would look like. So here is stuff I just made up, without any sources to back me up: There are five actions, right? Maybe the westerners started off calling the seasons as "first action season," "second action season," etc. And maybe they just counted days within the seasons, rather than weeks. Then they made contact with the Theyalans and informally adopted the Theyalan calendar because it is easier to use. When the God Learners came along, they adopted it formally because it was even more useful to them. But the older version of action-seasons and numbered-days woudl be in older documents, especially among wizards. And I would imagine that the Rokari would have purposefully adopted the older, less useful calendar.

Chris