Re: ruins in Pamaltela

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_cv-m_D2F9CxNRKjfHbW8aAuGTuDQNzIuQI-SWYHyEZiDHS7jYhuG2PBgKgg4AwCcI-4>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 15:06:05 +1300

On 2/18/2012 3:06 AM, jorganos wrote:
> Umathela was a cross-roads between the West (Vadeli mostly), Mostali, Artmali (possibly), and home to the riverine Lascerdans (besides the Aldryami).
>
> In the Storm Age, numerous cultures with originally flying boats got grounded in the region, so you could make this a Helering or Artmali crash landing spot.
The major trouble with Umathela is the disconnect between what we know about it at the Dawn (Lascerdans, Elves) and what we know about it in the Storm Age (Vadeli Kingdom). The dots don't join up.

My best theory about the elves so far is that Umathela was settled in the Dawn Age by elves from Fonrit against a background of ecological violence between the yellows, greens and browns.

The Lascerdans are trickier. About the best I can think of is as settlers from Porlaso.

--Peter Metcalfe