Re: ruins in Pamaltela

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_TLxLdjdSW0MlInf4gBVKRg1MCL2dJ6KnWcT4nWZ5MJoNiOaQxhx2_jzWhgZtLNzA8IW>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 17:35:50 +1300

On 2/18/2012 5:25 AM, Richard Hayes wrote:
> Some quick questions on the Lascerdans:	* What were the Lascerdans like?

> * Are they related to the Slarges? Pamaltelan dragonewts?
> * How did they alone incur the wrath of the powerful Pamalatelan Aldryami to a genocidal extent?
> * Is there any trace of them left in the Otherworlds?
> * Did they build things?
> * Are there prophecies that the Lascerdans might make a comeback during the Hero Wars? If so, does anyone of consequence attach any credibility to these?
> * What was their religion like?
> * Which runes were associated with them? Is Earth (the element associated with reptiles) one of them?
Old Agimori myths speak of the Pelmre who are thought to be the Slarges. But the Pelmre are said to have large eyes, a gaping mouth, a long tail and nearly useless arms (Revealed Mythologies p34). The Slarges don't have large eyes and their arms are functional. Hence I see the Pelmre, Slarges, Lascerdans and possibly the Dwerulans as being a family of related species. They could be related to the Sea Dragons
of the Waertagi.

The Pelmre are said to have lacked an awareness of the Gods which probably means they didn't worship Pamalt and other spirits. I think they were direct descendents of Amuron, the Great Horned Spirit Whether this makes them draconic is really up to you although I would just make them shamanic for the most part.

As to why the Aldryami wiped out the Lascerdans out, my guess is that as they were involved in an all-out war against each other, they naturally assumed that their problems with the Lascerdans could only be resolved by their extermination.

--Peter Metcalfe