Re: Herdmen was Cannibalism in Prax

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_K00T3YnTZIZCNXyBcFsHEtHMxXrm_yxCmFnu3iWIHbORvObV3o5HYBT3_-YKNfPpHmk>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 07:51:21 +1300

On 2/22/2012 4:32 AM, David Cake wrote:
> Speaking of cannibalism, and a Western perspective - I was reading
> through the story of the Crusades in Arcane Lore, and I noticed that
> the Basmoli are said to have invoked the dark powers of the Cannibal
> God in their battle with Hrestol's people. Seems reasonable that this
> is the Cannibal Cult, more or less.

The cannibal cult was described in Tales of the Reaching Moon #9 and also in Tales #15 as the Hungry Ghosts. They do not worship a single god but rather feed dead ghosts to keep the world alive. There was a spell from which could get stronger through eating their enemies but that didn't quite flow naturally from the aims of feeding the hungry ghosts.

--Peter Metcalfe