Re: Herdmen was Cannibalism in Prax

From: David Cake <dave_at_JYsWSYudw4KaAMLzqcMKkGq8RMZOeuSexuylCtSXHUdZvMR9B49LrMOTsyJfE10ctxMLfjh>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 03:55:21 +0800

On 22/02/2012, at 2:26 AM, Jeff wrote:

>> 	Shooting down a fun theory that seems to more or less fit the available facts, because you could 'probably' find something somewhere, is a bit tedious. But assuming I am ignorant about the nature of a source like Arcane Lore, after 20 odd years of conversations about Glorantha, isn't that a bit condescending?

> It might have something to do with having just finished the Western chapters of the Guide to Glorantha. Greg and I have finished a TON of work to make the Gloranthan West really fit the stories he wrote about the West some twenty, thirty, forty years ago.

        Sure. But as I said - I know you are working on the West, I've been following it as close as I'm able, and particularly noted that there have no signs you've been changing the Basmoli/Pendali much.

> As an aside, when a Western Source calls the Lion God of the Pendali "the Cannibal God" - that doesn't mean that the cult has anything to do with the Praxian Cannibal Cult or with ogres for that matter. Probably has a lot more to do with the fact that were-lions eat humans.

        Sure, but in the sources there is a pretty clear implication that the Basmoli are using magic that is beyond their usual - they are making a point of threatening to destroy their enemies souls, not just bodies. Of course, the Basmoli could just be talking themselves up, but I see no reason to assume that. Why should the Basmoli only ever have one trick in their book?

	Cheers
		David