Re: Herdmen was Cannibalism in Prax

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_Nzq8yCS8iYJSxDZIKCu2hpHfAeoaNUWtZJCWDN405bLG1O3r_jMc4VYWiWUXSh-IABY>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 20:59:42 +1300

On 2/22/2012 8:22 PM, David Cake wrote:
> On 22/02/2012, at 12:19 PM, Peter Metcalfe wrote:
>

>> The larger flaw in your theory is that the Cannibal Cult are in Prax
>> while the Pendali are in Seshnela.
> That flaw is only there if you didn't read the source you quoted yesterday
> "The cannibal cult has been independently discovered across Glorantha. In many places where evil ghosts are powerful, these anthropophagic practices have arisen." (TORM #9)

Evil Ghosts in Seshnela? I'm finding that hard to believe. I could accept independent invention in Dorastor or the Nargan, although I think any appearance of a cannibal cult in Dorastor is more likely to be brought there by visiting Praxians. But there's no real history of evil ghosts in Seshnela and thus I doubt the Pendali would have invented the cannibal cult by themselves.

And furthermore I don't believe that an independent invention will yield exactly the same cult - I expect them to be as different as Lodril, Solf and Balumbasta.

--Peter Metcalfe