Re: Herdmen was Cannibalism in Prax

From: David Cake <dave_at_cIcczqvoDpXSOpK2VViLMBFXTeG_BA7YHZ_y4aZDPG0uNtlTlBbdZ2a_B097yImRJtgDnpd>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 16:22:41 +0800

On 22/02/2012, at 3:59 PM, Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> On 2/22/2012 8:22 PM, David Cake wrote:

>> On 22/02/2012, at 12:19 PM, Peter Metcalfe wrote:
>>

>>> The larger flaw in your theory is that the Cannibal Cult are in Prax
>>> while the Pendali are in Seshnela.
>> 	That flaw is only there if you didn't read the source you quoted yesterday
>> "The cannibal cult has been independently discovered across Glorantha. In many places where evil ghosts are powerful, these anthropophagic practices have arisen." (TORM #9)

> I could
> accept independent invention in Dorastor or the Nargan, although I think
> any appearance of a cannibal cult in Dorastor is more likely to be
> brought there by visiting Praxians. But there's no real history of evil
> ghosts in Seshnela and thus I doubt the Pendali would have invented the
> cannibal cult by themselves.

        I appreciate your efforts to interpret 'many' to mean 'three', but I remain unconvinced.

> And furthermore I don't believe that an independent invention will yield
> exactly the same cult - I expect them to be as different as Lodril, Solf
> and Balumbasta.

        Sure. But it is not as if anyone is saying they would be alike in every detail - just two pretty basic practices, feeding ghosts and eating people (just like Lodril, Solf and Balumbasta are all volcanoes with a side order of hedonism).

	Cheers
		David