Re: Cannibalism in Prax (was Bestiality in Prax?)

From: Jeff <richaje_at_Q042ACkTk6TzNp0_UJ7NS-SovKPChbnek-iX7LojFh1vU27vFteplJ6ob8XbodPHqmup>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 19:35:56 -0000

> I'd like to elaborate on this point. We often seem to discuss things like this as if the population number needs to be both reasonable and sustainable. This does not need to be the case. Something like the Cannibal Cult in Prax does not need to exist with about 1000 members for years on end. It is a religious practice that could easily be preserved by a single shaman, by a ghost, written down somewhere in a recipe book, etc. It could easily spread like a craze throughtout Prax for some specific reason in a bad year and then fade away again (or be eradicated by other Praxians, or abandoned)

This is very true. The Cannibal Cult is not a tribe like the Morokanth or even the Ostrich Riders. It is a weird religious practice that exists because it derives great powers from their obscene rituals.

BTW, centers where a Hungry Ghost-like cult exists includes the Veldang of Zamokil and in Kralorela.

Jeff