Re: Is Treeleaper a major hero in 1600?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_5jx9VwBC8D_dhMyDiAUWJKJZBAgl8nv4SEEyhg079kLRRUP9KkB4G3Qi7ATbxRitOyI>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 10:04:37 +1300

On 2/25/2012 7:19 AM, valkoharja wrote:
> The (awesome) new material about Sartar tells us that Treeleaper was not just a famous tribal king, but a Hero who still in his prime when well over a hundred years old.

That he was over a hundred years old appears in the old Wyrms Footnotes. As reprinted in Wyrms Footprints, he also has gone on two heroquests; the first of which he learned his leap and the second one from which he obtained a flying spear.

> Is Treeleaper supposedly an individual of heroic power and importance such as Sir Ethilrist and Gunda the Guilty? Is he supposed to have been a capital H hero such as they, or on some lower-yet-still-significant tier?

I doubt he is anywhere as powerful as Gunda the Guilty. If so, he would at least be mentioned in the History of Sartar as doing epic important things as Kostajor was. But despite having fought at the Sack of Boldhome, he is not mentioned there and the first mention of him comes in the description of Kallyr's Revolt where he is effectively playing second fiddle.

--Peter Metcalfe