Re: Events after the raising of the Boat Planet?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_TiwbfT12KNBJXoODVrrDxrkc-Oz27wU8GlUU7LwOaV1t2C5XQ7rj9sQskuWlPNWd_lQ>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 13:23:27 +1300

On 2/26/2012 12:29 PM, Daniel wrote in response to my question why a fertile Prax would mean an end to the Waha way of life.

> Well, firstly, herders need extensive ranging pastures and trees would get in the way of that - unless we aren't talking about an Aldryami Reforestation kind of green pleasantness?

I didn't see any mention of elves, just a return to fertility to Prax. If the Aldryami could have restored fertility to Prax, they would have done it by now. And if the Aldryami did try to take over the Green and Pleasant Prax, the Praxians can always worship Oakfed.

> Secondly, I imagine that being green and pleasant would also make Prax full of competitors. Suddenly there would be many outsider groups that would actually WANT to live there.

So Prax would become something like Central Asian Steppes? In the Real World, the Great Nomad Empires that emanated from that region didn't go away until after the invention of gunpowder.

> And thirdly, while this may be more of a time bomb, it will become much harder to enforce - or justify - the strictness of Praxian lifestyle when it isn't really a matter of life or death anymore. I suspect the clans will start to fall apart after a while.

Both Pent and the Grazelands are more fertile lands than Prax. The inhabitants don't seem to be losing their customary strictness of their lifestyle.

--Peter Metcalfe