Re: Tada and Prax was Events after the raising of the Boat Planet?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_0T2DBy0HVm3e7eN2cVJqD-kTDtDiU0BKs7D-CtJ7c2cp1wpduUFyMvgYngE5A734kk4>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 19:16:29 +1300

On 2/27/2012 7:40 AM, jorganos wrote:
> Why is Tada important? It is through him that the Redwood spirit and
> the Tada-shi can return to Prax. He hid the fertility of the land, he
> should be able to return it.

I think the Redwood spirit can already manifest in Prax with the rise of the Red Moon. But the forests cannot linger because the land cannot support it and so they vanish like phantasms rather than wither and die.

> ILH 1, p.25 tells us that they maintain their nomadic lifestyle on the plateau, in the same breath as naming their current leaders sophisticated Lunars. It is quite clear that such a culture cannot initiate their young people in the cities of the tributary lands.

I think that's a too sweeping conclusion from what is actually written. The Pelorian Sables could after all be adopting a nomadic lifestyle on the Plateau not because it is necessary but, following the Spartan philosophy, it makes them stronger. My main gripe with the passage is the unnecessary substitution of Juquat and Ergressa for Waha and Eiritha. A practical problem for the Pelorian Sables is that their Khans must make a pilgrimage to the Marsh to kill chaos.

--Peter Metcalfe