Re: The Bat attacks Whitewall - timeline?

From: Jeff <richaje_at_eOcDj3pgzgIzeMY5xwzAYYrXgTDdQyqfrCzDo8LHUJqfilGyauZjFHPBSwiUjwh7O-0d>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 08:29:11 -0000

> >> To get further picky on this (sorry, this is pretty much the exact point in time my campaign is up to) when exactly does Whitewall fall? Late Fire Season? Early Earth?

> > Broyan appears in at Bullflood on Orlanth's Holy Day "when the Lunar
> > party was only 11 weeks old" (KoS p149), which would mean Windsday of
> > Death Week in Darkness Season is when Whitewall fell.

That is correct.

> The Bat leaves the New Lunar Temple in Harmony Week of Fire Season, heading to Whitewall. according to . If Whitewall falls in Death Week of Darkness Season, that is 18 weeks later.

The Bat leaves the New Lunar Temple in Harmony Week of Fire Season 1620. Whitewall falls in Darkness Season of 1621.

> The only way to reconcile the two that makes much sense, is that the Bat attacks precede the Fall of Whitewall by some time. While the timing given in the CHDP is wrong about the year the Bat attacks, and wrong about length of time between the Bat and the fall of Whitewall, it may be at least partially correct, in that there is a gap between the unsuccessful attack of the Bat, and the successful attack that brings about the fall of Whitewall.

The Bat attacks Whitewall in 1620 - no specific date is given as of yet. The Bat is defeated by the defenders of Whitewall - which frankly is one of the biggest defeats the Lunar Army has experienced in a very long time and triggers lots of other activity in the Provinces. There is an article in the coming edition Wyrms Footprints detailing the Military History of Dragon Pass from 1602 to 1625 (considerably expanded and corrected version of the original article that appeared in Different Worlds a few decades ago).

Jeff