Re: Umathela in the Second Age -- Geography

From: David Dunham <david_at_whgRV74bR9eycQnTgDodc8MXHI9U5SzwBEEWEa_bvIx0DmOl_sYEsGgW6UIBchZqHhbOK3>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 21:18:50 -0800

On 5 Mar 2012, at 06:40, giannieanna wrote:

>> Because in the Third Age I do suspect at least some of those cities
>> would be underwater...
>
> They must be very close to the coast then, because a comparison of the Umathelan coastline between 2nd and 3rd Age maps doesn't yield many differences (contrary to Jrustela or Slontos).

>From my writeup:

God Learner ruins dot the coast. Many are surprisingly intact, leading many to fear guardians or long-lived preservation magic. Yoranday’s Psychic Zoo was covered by a lava flow. The immortal otherworld exhibits still roam the lava tunnels and buried ruins. The university of Newfroswal’s halls are now covered with poison ivy. It once offered degrees in heroquesting. Six immense animal-headed statues still gaze out at the sea in Nenolswal. The great salt flats at Mosku Bight are widely believed to hold a city destroyed by the angry ocean. The story goes that the inhabitants of Barsumwal fled and thus the city was never destroyed. Unfortunately, nobody knows where it is.

(This leaves it up to you whether any of those ruins are the Seven Cities or lesser ones. And this is only from the Malki writeup, I'm sure there are assorted ruins in the forests.)