Re: Troll illumination

From: Paul King <paul_at_IgyEakwN3V79Qv74wiw2JZUYDoU7jNftqPVDidbegBVHB84SyhC7s7iaUhzIE-S2I3HUqdS>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 18:04:39 +0000

On 9 Mar 2012, at 16:36, Phil Hibbs wrote:

> I don't think that the connection between "illumination" and "light" is a
> linguistic coincidence - Nysalor is also referred to as "The Bright One",
> ruled "The Bright Empire" or "Empire of Light", fought "The Black Eater" at
> "The Battle of Night and Day", etc.

IIRC There's a reference to "Spolitism" as a sort of Darkness-based Illumination (in Fortunate Succession ?). Although that might be an error of the Gloranthan writer...

To be honest the name "Illumination" and any perception of light might be no more than consequences of Nysalor's otherwise-unrelated nature as a God of Light.