Re: Troll illumination

From: Richard Hayes <richard_hayes29_at_J_6mM9AijGPZMPfpSmEH2tuc3buDenSI5mH7vqYOCozR5SFlrMB3XBCLL-lo>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 20:08:38 +0000 (GMT)

Indeed. In the RW I once obtained a football banning order against a lottery millionaire from Scunthorpe who had been a refuse collector and a football hooligan before he won millions, and who stayed a refuse collector and a football hooligan afterwards.

Did the money change him -- well,  now he could pay for him and his hooligan buddies to go on better road trips

Didn't want to change the subject heading, as it still seemed oddly appropriate.

What is the Zen proverb about "before enlightenment, chopping wood and carrying water. After enlightnement, chopping wood and carrying water"?

Richard Hayes

From: Phil Hibbs <snarks_at_0HEfawfC2HaR98s3W4TSvAfETZb2PQrlritPkA9nZpRFmNqCqiRl7YKPmXV9SrREY-ielzPLqw.yahoo.invalid> To: WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com Sent: Friday, 9 March 2012, 16:40
Subject: Re: Troll illumination

Also I disagree that illumination would make an Aldryami "rootless" or a Mostali "openhandist", any more than it would make a cultist break their vows. It opens that up as an option, but it doesn't necessarily change who you are. Like winning the lottery, you can carry on doing your old job if that's what you want to do.

Phil.

Yahoo! Groups Links