Re: Troll illumination

From: Daniel <von_das_at_DqzafoJJf9fHh14hwMcTLoEIB_uiBGhpE8RQJS4tTy-PTh4QSj03DDZ5esttA3rnu_F2>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 01:05:50 -0000

Some possibly useful points to consider here...

I'm not sure if Light and Illumination are really coincidental. Darkness and Light are opposites, and Darkness is connected with collectivism (or oneness, or whatever you prefer to call it) while Light is connected with individualism. Illumination is generally connected to individual liberation from collective obligations; this really does pretty clearly put it on the Light side of the spectrum. This does not necessarily mean it is impossible for a troll, and perhaps trolls have some different path of mystic enlightenment that ultimately leads in the same direction. But Illumination as we know it really does not seem to be "neutral" in this one case, and may be harder for a troll to attain.

Both Illumination and Light are also associated with intellectualism while Darkness has strong ties with primal instincts.

Also, Illumination reconciles one with Chaos, to some extent, while trolls are extremely opposed to it as part of their (Darkness-induced) nature.

Would an Illuminated troll no longer feel this hatred for Chaos? Would he lose his ties with Darkness - as sometimes happens? Perhaps an Uz could attain Illumination, but then he will no longer be considered one of Uz...