Re: Troll illumination

From: Lord Hennamono <lord_at_lVbG6c4JLutn8WBXApxkGJioOSdVDdb03ushkJ86BrVZ7_7HGn6ni_He5uLCRxT_vK1GgSD>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 23:27:59 +0000

I don't see that there is anything inherently light related about "illumination". Yes, Nysalor saw it that way but he was a light god so he would.

It is a fundamental insight into truth filtered through the preconceptions of those having the insight. So light/fire cultists are illuminated. Lunar cultists are sevened. I see no reason why darkness cultists wouldn't be benighted, air cultists respired etc.

Mysticism is not a monopoly of the light.

Also I think there is too much emphasis on illumination being related to chaos. That is Gbaji talking! How the insight modifies your worldview depends on what was there before.

I think an "illuminated" troll would see that chaos wasn't evil. But it still has no business being here. Send it back not because you hate it but simply because it is a discord that needs to be silenced...