Re: Vadeli besmirching

From: jorganos <joe_at_hiWo9BfU9S_ikO8-TZsLxPHvjL1lo9w1YHDwCmIcXIOYJSWyqiR_oo7Fz19Z9bsqrIxKna5a>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 20:55:57 -0000

David Cake <dave_at_...> wrote:

> While I think the Vadeli had a Talar caste, in modern day Glorantha is scarcely matters. If there were Vadeli Talars, there aren't any more. And all the Vadeli castes are used to working independently, as they have had to do so for centuries.

I have come to regard the Talar caste as the caste of administrators rather than rulers - there is only one ruler in Brithos, and that's Zzabur. I know that there was an attempt to make Zzabur also de jure the head of administration, and that that was resisted.

Continental Malkioni have made their head Talars (aka kings) their rulers and guides also in spiritual matters, possibly taking over pagan notions of nobility by divine descent (or at least more divine descent than the rank and file peasants and soldiers have).

IMO the Vadeli just made that happen, and cut out the non-wizard nobility. One more reason for Zzabur to hate them.