One in Seven?

From: chris jensen romer <chrisjensenromer_at_A-0VjKwfzZ5zuMx2fzHW4-T7tD0nVoivP34UAPh2GzXZm71dyGH05p4vrcI>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 00:12:48 +0000

Hi,

My group have just started the Colymar campaign, and I'm really enjoying getting to grips with my first Sartar based game in a long time. something interesting came up in character generation however, and i think it is much a Gloranthan issue as a Heroquest one, so I have asked it here. I seem to recall that only one in seven Orlanthi initiates to any god or goddess but Ernalda and Orlanth - my group so far seems to have a Humakti, an Orlanth initiate, a female Issaries Lawspeaker (?!) and given her Disorder and Illusion runes, and someone who could well be an Eurmali though initiated to Donandar as she is a skald - can you have female skalds? This seems wrong -- but then player characters are often exceptional. Any advice? We have another player who may well be an Ernaldan or Orlanth initiate, but the choices do seem to fit the runes the players selected well. Of course I can always read the subcults of Ernalda and Orlanth carefully and suggest other possible options - we don't start play till next week, and the characters might fir well with the saga anyway, especially the Humakti who stands mythically severed from the Orlmarthing clan and might well have a positive relationship with the Indrodar temple, and the Donandar skald can play the role of Eurmal in the underworld easily enough...

cj x

CJ's uneventful life is now blogged: http://jerome23.wordpress.com/