Re: Troll illumination

From: Daniel <von_das_at_aK0_8Y_650XB5bPkxSctzR_R09PxMe91KtOf8TqzkWwjEeS0_TyUMetkB-zFCJF5dylH>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 02:06:53 -0000

I'd just like to point out that Darkness and Chaos actually have some very similar traits, which would make sense if we consider that Chaos existed before everything, and Darkness "evolved" directly from Chaos, coming right after it on the elemental descent ladder. Perhaps that is exactly why they are so strongly opposed, though - Darkness has originally defined itself by opposition to Chaos, to whatever extent Darkness itself could be said to be defined. It too is primal, nightmarish and "chaotic", at least in the way in which it opposes the more structured worldview of Light.

The Underworld itself is very blurry and difficult to define, it is a place of all three Otherworlds, and also of Darkness AND Chaos. I'm not sure we could state with any confidence that it is a place of Stasis, either.

I think trolls would find it harder to be illuminated, but if and when they do become illuminated they may also have a greater risk of plunging headfirst into Chaos, as they would realise how similar they truly are, and would no longer be holding on to that which makes them different from it as strongly.