Re: God of Lunar Feminism?

From: donald_at_s5lcBpLjhAwbwjS_JFwQ_vUdjiQhdoOTbFLH7BJnV97r17576Iirhfvon3uF3djIyUtT8
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 14:36:30 -0000

drscience3000:

> If you had a Lunar character who had overtly "feminist" views, ie that women have a bad
> deal vis-a-vis men and there needs to be a movement to change that, is there a particular
> cult they would join?

Natha is the obvious one, restoring balance to the unbalanced world. Might prove difficult eventually when balance requires assisting a man against a woman.

That wouldn't be a problem for the cult of Rufezla where apart from an acknowledgment that everyone is equal a demagoge can do as they choose. Particularly suitable for the "feminist" who sees oppression everywhere and has to tell everyone about it.

Then there are the White Moon cults, revolutionaries with all sorts of agendas. I suspect their size, structure and organisation has been exaggerated by the Imperial government so they have an excuse for clampdowns on dissent. Some groups exist and there's no reason one couldn't have a feminist agenda.

--
Donald Oddy