Re: Troll illumination

From: boztakang <daniel.mccluskey_at_zrrgP6vnpzh2OJlX-XmTOQBud4kfeEi08L2GvCl34yVtp9wcOb_odlR_lcu>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 20:15:59 -0000

> "In that case, the better question might be how DIFFICULT it is for trolls
> to become illuminated? Because that is a measure of well trolls can
> maintain their sense of order in the universe...."

I would argue that it is a troll's strong sense of Disorder that protects them from illumination.

Disorder has long been established as extremely resistant to chaos, and is a major element in many (most?) successful chaos-fighting cults.

Order and Stasis are Mostali things, not Uz stuff. (which i understand is totally tangential to the point you were trying to make, but not entirely irrelevant either)

Darkness is also highly resistant to chaos, in part because if it wan't, it would have been re-absorbed by the Void before any of the "higher" elements even came into existence. In wonderhome, chaos was kept at a safe distance by Death and Disorder, and wasn't a problem for Uz. It was only when Death was stolen and misused that the walls of the world cracked, and the Void started leaking back in.

Of course, you could argue just as well that trolls don't tend to become illuminates because they simply don't think about such things very much. "Ya, ya, dat's a funny question, i guess... now how's bout yu fetch me sum grub - an hurry up widdit!"

But, most importantly, Welcome! This list can be awfully intimidating to newcomers, but it is awful nice to see a new face every now and then )