Re: Horses for Courses

From: Richard Hayes <richard_hayes29_at_bion1ppWoEd8nKgXQH2MfTJ61XdWGGxHdJ74Rvx-ZI2nqfUbPwO6tLJ06ZPH>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 11:52:40 +0000 (GMT)

If bears and cats can have a rune, why not horses? (Apart from the fact that one isn't supposed to have too many runes now)

In the Barbarian Belt, horses are strongly associated with the Fire rune-- in both the Solar pantheon and the Pentan/Grazelander tradition. It is part of their myth. A female Heortling horsewoman could worship Redalda, which would put her closer to the Earth rune, but as Redalda is Elmal's wife a Fire connection is still there.

Is it different in Ralios, where horses are associated with the Galanini (Horse Hsunchen)?

Richard Hayes

From: Iskallor <neilhemp_at_RSG1I-huvoT-mlSYHcIKTrC8lQLXuLCJZZPC-Ze_EINGvDE9h9MaMG41PZ5-BqkU3WkLEYjLk9pxbTY.yahoo.invalid> To: WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com Sent: Thursday, 15 March 2012, 11:18
Subject: Horses for Courses

Do horses have their own rune?

I'm interested in Ulanin at the moment ( a possible HQII character) and was wondering if an Orlanthi could have a Horse related rune without being connected to Elmal and the Fire rune?

What would a typical Ulanin's runes be?

If I remember correctly Ulanin had a vaguely Horse shaped rune....

Any views, ideas etc on this Hero cult would be much appreciated.

Yahoo! Groups Links