Re: Horses for Courses

From: David Scott <sciencefish_at_5_hfWEDjRXxp2xdugim_-8yttFUtAxvQ1gnrkaq9MyrWz17nyCvDQrZZlfI1gnl1>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 12:16:30 +0000

On 15 Mar 2012, at 11:18, Iskallor wrote:

> Do horses have their own rune?

There is a horse rune, you can see it on p111 of Sartar with Redalda. I'd say it was one of the those weird sub-runes, being a sub-rune of beast or fire. As a sub-rune of beast you can probably turn into a horse, Sartar says "when a non-beast has this rune, it means that they can potentially take the form of a beast."

Ulanin's slim details are on p184 of The Book of Heortling Mythology, as part of Appendix C: Orlanthi Heroes and Hero Cults. He's a hero, so only got one rune, and the horse rune would fit.

Have a look on the wiki: http://glorantha.wikia.com/wiki/Ulanin and Busarian: http://www.issaries.com/tools/buserian/buserian.php?page=search&SearchString=Ulanin&btnSubmit=Search

As he built the the Red Cow Fort, there's maybe on on him in The Coming Storm, Ian?

So an Orlanthi could easily have (any of Orlanth's runes) and horse.

> I'm interested in Ulanin at the moment ( a possible HQII character) and was wondering if an Orlanthi could have a Horse related rune without being connected to Elmal and the Fire rune?
>
> What would a typical Ulanin's runes be?
>
> If I remember correctly Ulanin had a vaguely Horse shaped rune....
>
> Any views, ideas etc on this Hero cult would be much appreciated.

David

David Scott. Mac & PC Computer Support.
30 Alfred Road, Acton, W3 6LH.
020-8150-9716 / 07956-589433