Re: On the summoning of demons and monsters...

From: David Scott <sciencefish_at_-3oDi8jwwVki4hWDr9s2EAukI6gmUwelqu-O8SRA3DvAR1eKI7grOpgFOEmgpOIN>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 09:06:59 +0000

On 19 Mar 2012, at 21:12, In_a_flat_field wrote:

> Could anyone tell me how long it takes to summon a demon, spirit or monster, particularly in regards to divine magic? Does it require a ritual, or does it function similarly to something like in a video game such as Skyrim or Final Fantasy? Divergent views are welcome; I'd just like to see which way the wind blows as regards this topic. Thanks all.

IMO
If it is benign or friendly and you know the magic, it could arrive asap given appropriate conditions. if it is not known to you then clearly need longer, so the ref can mess with you and you need more preparation. if it is evil, then much preparation is needed.

The Orlanthi Summons of Evil is probably a good example of the last one. Normally rituals are “from sunset to sunset” and smaller ones take less time. I'd say this takes from sunset to dawn. I'm sure we all know it's best to summon monsters in the dark...

David

David Scott. Mac & PC Computer Support.
30 Alfred Road, Acton, W3 6LH.
020-8150-9716 / 07956-589433