Re: God of Lunar Feminism?

From: Richard Hayes <richard_hayes29_at_ZN9X0CwjuJd15HNxNdfTPcEq_gK3ITYhydKlvsNiSkkxphBEDI_QRqKCFM2a>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 12:21:25 +0000 (GMT)

We are all Us -- whether we are paternalistic imperialist Dara Happans, Sylilan barbarian cheftains wearing breaches under our togas,  emancipated Darsenites or female mystics
Or something like that.

Richard Hayes

From: David Cake <dave_at_6crr94ngOVSTfyLwIbMVoZ-D93q0jwrNl2oNgZdal7e-YdgtfWYNsjCwXT1z96vR0Z7MkbQm-1vnyNd1P3WIKw.yahoo.invalid> To: WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com Sent: Wednesday, 21 March 2012, 6:55
Subject: Re: God of Lunar Feminism?

Yes, I think feminism is more or less intrinsic to the Lunar religion. They preach transcendance of the normal boundaries of society such as the traditional roles of women, and they also exalt a range of womens mysteries.

But it is worth remembering that the Lunar way is still in some ways a thin veneer over the Dara Happen way. And the closest the Yelmic pantheon gets to a god of feminism is Gorgorma, who is represented in near demonic fashion, and as a hidden shadow power, because the Yelmic pantheon in general is REALLY hostile to anything like feminism, very very dedicated to maintaining traditional gender roles, and considers the very idea of feminism terrifying and wrong.

Cheers

David