Re: Scorpionmen

From: Andrew Larsen <aelarsen_at_36irPeJxZFoDPLtk9oKFABT5YArBuosV2Vnkho4czN9clUuSsS60Qq5aFfhbqJsZfNA>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 08:50:52 -0500

On Mar 22, 2012, at 7:11 PM, varma_many_truths wrote:

> Can anyone help with the following questions?
> Can any race be devoured and turned into a scorpionman ?
> Or is it just creatures with the man rune ?
> Without the ritual of devouring, would offspring of a troll scorpion man be trollish or would it revert back to human-ish?

	Most of the interesting things a Scorpion queen could eat are connected to the Man rune. What were you thinking of? But if you want to use something non-Man rune connected, I'd go for it.  Chaos is weird and inconsistent, and if you have an idea for something interesting, don't let the Man rune stand in your way.
	If I remember correctly, the Ritual of Devouring just allows the reborn Scorpionman to reincarnate the specific person being devoured.  So my guess is that if Queen Zaggax eats Blurg the Dark Troll without using the Ritual, what hatches out of the egg is a dark troll scorpionman that isn't Blurg. It seems more interesting and more in the spirit of chaos to me to have the Scorpionmen be an odd hybrid race, a bit like the broo, than to have them all be one sort of thing.

Andrew E. Larsen