Re: The hard life of medieval monks

From: hcarteau_at__aeVr2ArDKBL4XI8dGCOV6vAd_0dahUgNL0BODsptisYayu4v630y_POHHVC_KpdEWc
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 18:47:52 +0100 (CET)

/// Very nice information ! I like the idea scribes might express personal, perhaps heretical thoughts, especially in malkioni lands where Holy Texts are so important. One hears rumors of vadeli spies especially trained to pervert religious writings... Or maybe modifying spell formulas so they backfire ("Tap Pagan" is in fact "Self Tapping").

On the other hand, some sage might have hidden some Secret Wisdom in an unrelated book, so God guides the deserving to this... Who knows ?

De: "gregory_molle" <molle.gregory_at_yOvjMrVKHRXhPe4tGuyspn9lNu1ulZfdianjQtsW4p8KgdlvKn0aT7Rz_Gky6or8vrYXO2TVSZ_2IM8.yahoo.invalid>

http://io9.com/5896008/medieval-monks-complained-about-their-jobs-in-the-margins-of-ancient-manuscripts

Who knows what our PCs will find in gloranthan manuscripts? Complaints only ("Now I've written the whole thing: for Lhankor Mhy's sake, give me a drink") or darker secrets...? ;-)

GrĂ©gory