Char-Un

From: steveparryharries <steveparryharries_at_Blzrsc_VGoBBNLdyUv4jHU2Fn4vHQLexLlt5S8rTxGWBNa7fC9XcQ4P8dl>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 10:33:55 -0000

I'm currently writing some linked HQ adventures set amongst the Lunar farmers of the Redlands. I wanted some background on horse nomads and bought a copy of Sons of Kargzant.

I'm sure a lot of you have read this, but I thought it was absolutely brilliant, full of background flavour and ideas (I'm not linked to the authors). They reminded me of the Scythians.

The best bit was towards the end, which detailed a penal unit of the 'really bad' Char-Un, called the Unrepentant. These were sent to the Redlands and were hated by the native Pentans. Half my campaign just wrote itself! :o)

I figured they might be used as guards for Lunar tax inspectors. The independant Redlands farmers honour the Goddess but not the emperor, so any tax inspector is gong to have a VERY difficult time.