RE: Char-Un

From: Steve Parry-harries <steveparryharries_at_zFF0PX_VuS76l9Jz3oCqcMWhI5iCqS_DKu6JWLo-6wOznhwp0iVbnZx_0V>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 13:02:48 +0000

Thanks Donald, useful stuff. I probably didn't make it clear that the PC's are the Redlands farmers, and that the opposition/enemy are the Char-un, Tax officials and Pentans (at different times)! Steve  To: WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com From: donald_at_7gwDAT9enWqACFJSjzxHSicudwrp6W6TfFWKgpUG1iiUsAQpneHaVUiCo4B6pyobicCUpyvS9gbqnmXZFuw.yahoo.invalid Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 12:42:12 +0100
Subject: Re: Char-Un

      From: steveparryharries <steveparryharries_at_IZkebdQO0DCh8RGH85uoAwXNkXVWLtsEpWSpfbHIkTCqeauHp7DkxjVYudjMrnXdmady-y4SIcNyNOaVyZim03J5cQbtDN4.yahoo.invalid>

> No I don't think they do want to pay taxes to the Emperor. However, the emperor has a lot

> of wars to pay for so may be compelled to widen the net.It''s probably worth shaking down

> some of the settlements and seeing if others cave... MG Will of course V! I also couldn't

> think why else the Lunars would send the Unrepentants to the Redlands, but am open to

> other ideas. I wanted the adventures to have that plucky independant homesteaders on

> the fronttier standing up to raiders feel.

My general rule regarding the Lunar Empire is that for any decision there are at least three

factions who have an interest in it. One who supports it, one who opposes it and one who is

happy as long as they get something out of it. So in this case we have some offiical who

wants the Unrepentants elsewhere and the Redlands are far enough away. Another who

has enough problems in the Redlands without them. And a third who thinks there's money to

be made by using them to collect taxes which may or may not be due. The Emperor will

probably neither know nor care about the issue. You needn't decide who these people are

until the PCs start investigating to see who has landed them in this mess although you've

probably got some ideas.

--

Donald Oddy