Re: How Orlanth helped Chalana Arroy to fight Malia

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_r9EFVPiAlyWAr8rI9zkkyaf1UYubzK9ipMWeQDFPWC4LIibUxNXCM_Y3gsTjO1GG6is>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 19:47:01 +0100

Pomeroi wrote:

> Will try to build stages fo the Heler solution. My thoughts:
> - find Heler (why could he be difficult to find/need help himself/be
> occupied elsewhere?)
> - benevolent Heler wants to help, but considers collateral damage
> through floods etc.
> - PCs need to find a way around.... perhaps convince beavers to help?!
> (How much fun can GM and PCs have here?!)
> - Heler agrees to help
> - HQ solved

This may or may not be useful, but in the old Storm Tribe book, Heler is mentioned as having a name/subcult specifically related to this sort of thing:

"Yuhurol is the son of Heler and Esrola, the child of their Year-Marriage. When Orlanth rescued Heler from Aroka, so great was his joy at being alive again that he came to Esrola as the golden ram, and his rains fell to the earth as Yuhurol. Heler can call down magic rains to heal plants, men, and animals, and these fall to earth as the rain that is like light."

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Synapsida: http://synapsida.blogspot.com/